Catholic school teacher caught caning students

Saturday, September 18, 2010

http://gathara.blogspot.com/
Ajarn.com is not just a website for schools, jobs, teachers or anything related to teaching. It can also be a source of information or even news for that matter. As I was checking the links on their homepage, something caught my eye. It read, "Catholic school teacher caught caning students".. I was like, What? Seriously?

The video on youtube received several derogatory comments aimed at the teacher. I can't blame you peeps. It has been a hot topic in the teachingspehere (sorry, lack of a better term), especially for teachers in Thailand. The incident happened two weeks ago but I know it's still worth posting.

So here is what Donald Patnaude wrote at the ajarnstreet link.

Permitted, should teachers be permitted to throw objects at their students? Should teachers be allowed to cane their students? Well, I hope you’re like me and say 100% NO WAY! It does look like some Thai teachers may disagree with me on this because two Thai teachers (both teaching in Nakhon Ratchasima) were both caught within a week doing exactly this. The female teacher was caught throwing a whiteboard eraser at a student, hitting him in the eye. The second, which is more serious was an unqualified male Thai teacher caught on video caning about 40 students. I can only hope that these teachers and any other teachers will always receive the maximum penalty allowed by law if found guility. This is my sincere honest opinion for every teacher on this Earth. No exceptions. Please look at the video on Youtube.


I couldn't agree more with his statement. This should be taken seriously. Look at how he caned each student. Arggggh!

2 comments

James said...

Didn't know that they are still doing that in Catholic schools, dam!

September 20, 2010 at 8:50 PM
Teacher John said...

Well, other people whom i had conversations with told me that it's natural for teachers to do such stuff...stories of parents who gave the teachers the liberty to cane, scold, etc if the students misbehaved..sad.

September 21, 2010 at 1:18 AM
Related Posts with Thumbnails

Best Selling Books