Welcome Sir Enzo!

Saturday, August 28, 2010

This post is dedicated to the newest contributor of the blog, Sir Enzo! And just for the record, Sir Enzo is the very first Filipino teacher at Buddhachinaraj School in Phitsanulok. 

To get to know more of him, here is his superb introduction that he sent me through facebook.

In the Spanish culture of pride wherein the continuity of name matters most, I am named after my father LORENZO believing that the last born son will be the bearer of the the only legacy he can bestow upon his children, so therefore I am baptized with the name - LORENZO M. CABALLES, JR. , the youngest among 7.

Birthplace: Esperanza, Agusan del Sur.
In a little secluded place of that humble abode called Bentahon, I was born and raised. Enveloped by austere way of life, my childhood was that of a typical innocent little boy where every full moon becomes a joyous occasion in the neighborhood because my elder brothers and sisters with their friends gathered in the wide yard to play "patintero".

I never know, there was a wide wide world out there. Back then, TV was a totally foreign object and to ride in a jeepney was a heaven. "Lampara" was the only thing we had to illumine our nights. What we had was a small battery operated transistor radio where I used to listen to radio soaps and from there I got familiar with the song - "yesterday".

Birthday: May 26
It is always a special day when this day comes. Just as the flowers of May blossom and children go to the chapel to offer flowers for the Virgin Mother of God, I was blessed to be born on the 26th, after surviving the intentional act of abortion of both parents which was done to save my dear mother as she wasn't feeling right while she was conceiving me.

Pretty sad story but I bet, by now they are just so thankful they didn't succeed of getting rid of me. Don't you think so? :)

Experiences:
After having successfully battled the roadblocks of a student life, right after graduation, I was given the opportunity to work in a private institution in the heart of Butuan City. The school is named: Enfant Cheri Study Centre, Inc. In the entire 6 years of my stay in that school, I have given everything I have just so to make myself an effective teacher. Good enough that I have gained the trust of my employers, the respect of the parents and the love of my students. God has blessed me with several recognitions in school, division, regional and even nation wide being one of the 2010 Outstanding School Paper Adviser of the Philippines.

Thailand:
I first stepped on the grounds of the Kingdom of Thailand on April 12. After a month-long stay in the district of Mae Sot, Tak, God provided a job opportunity at Buddhachinnarajpittaya School in the city of Phitsanulok.

Life has been great by God's grace. I met many Filipinos who in their own way shared their journey in Thailand which inspired me in an enormous way.

Life here has become so colorful with the friends around - Filipinos and Thai people alike. My students have taught me to become a better teacher and a better individual by stretching out my patience in the longest way I could. They too, add spices to my Thailand experience just like their foods which have now become my favorite.

Foods:
And speaking of foods - as they say, Thai people eat everything. In all the numerous variety - let me spell out my favorite: KWAY TIYAO and will it ever be... 

In behalf of all the contributors of this blog. We warmly WELCOME you!

0 comments

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Best Selling Books